Saturday 31 March 2018

Easter Egg


Easter Egg

Hi There!

The daffodils are out, 
the crocus and hyacinth
bulbs bursting forth, birds
singing their little heads
off  Spring must be on the
way.  Wonderful. 

Here is an Easter Card for you
today from Angela Radford


 "Hi all I'm here to show you how 
I've made this Easter card using one 
of the Jofy stamps Jofy53 by Paper Artsy. 

As you can see I have only stamped
 the flower section of this stamp and 
not the stem. 

I used Versafine Black Archival and
 then embossed with clear powder.


 I know they are not meant to be eggs 
but I'm sure you'll agree they do look 
like them. 

I coloured these with brush tip
 ink pens and added highlights
 with a white pen


 Before completing this card I splattered 
Distress ink onto the card blank. 

Just smooth some ink onto a craft mat 
and add a little water then use a brush
 to flick it onto the card. 

I played around with the eggs and 
decided to use just three and
 also added the little birds from 
Kim Dellow stamp EKD02 stamping a
 little towards the back of the card.

 I coloured these yellow so they looked
 like little chicks.



The background was made by applying 
Distress Oxides straight to the card ,
 one colour at a time, spritz, drip and dry.

 The large sentiment stamp is by 
Woodware and the Easter text is one
 from my stash. 

I stamped around the edge with a 
stamp from a Lin Brown set ELB33 and
 completed the card with a few coloured sequins. 

The lines around the edge were drawn 
free hand with a black felt tip pen and
 that's it, all done. 

Have a lovely Easter, Angela xXx"


And you have a lovely Easter too
Angela.  Thank you for the
beautiful card too.  

So bright a colourful - really brings a
smile don't you think? 

Of course, if you don't celebrate
Easter then this card could be used
for any other celebration - just use
the "eggs" the other way up and
they become Balloons!  
Finally add a greeting appropriate
to the occasion.  

I'll leave you with that 

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



3 comments:

  1. OOh this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours. The eggs are fab and the background so cool. Cute chicks too! Happy Easter Weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris and happy Easter to you too. Angela xXx

      Delete
  2. Angela, your card is an absolute delight, I truly believed that they were eggs and not flowers! I love how you created the border and those 'chicks' look like they are peeking around the corner, they are adorable. A beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.