Thursday 29 June 2017

Undercover


Undercover 


Hallo Everyone

We have another card for
you today - this time we
are by the sea wth
Louise Thomson

"Hi there!
I seem to have gone down a very 
'beachy' route recently without realising
 it - must be in need of a holiday!

Anyway, it is hard to resist the lovely beach
 themed stamps from Impression Obsession...


I stamped this tranquil scene using 
archival ink so that the detail would remain
 when using watercolours. 

It is coloured with inktense pencils which 
are another current favourite of mine.
 

The pencils work fine on their own 
but adding water to them really brings them to life.

 I ran the archival pad around the edge
 of the card to give it a border. 


I masked most of the picture and then sprayed 
with colour bloom for a bit of sheen, 
added more archival ink and some scribbley bits
 with the inktense pencils to give the whole thing 
a slightly antique look.

Next to mount it on to my background. 
It is my first time playing with a cover a card stamp 
so naturally there had to be a bit of experimentation
 before I committed to anything too serious


Take one - inked up with brushos, spritzed with water, 
with a paintbrush dragged across for good measure


 Take two - inked with pale blue VersaMagic pad - 
no good in this instance but I think it would 
have been fine if I had chosen a darker shade of blue


Take three - using Fresco paints applied with cut n dry foam.


Take four - Using distress oxides applied to wet paper. 

Plenty of options to choose from but I went 
with the Frescos this time as I liked the way
 the paint colours blended.


I inked it twice to cover this long thin card. 

If you want a more subtle join you can avoid 
inking all the way to the straight edge, 
however it didn't really matter to me as
 the join was going to be covered up. 

I also gave the card a border using more Fresco paint 
applied directly with a sponge.


I laid out a few scraps of paper from my stash which 
had nice textures to them.


Using an Impression Obsession die I cut a couple
 of nautical shapes and coated them in alchemy wax...


...and layered them all up together.


I added a couple more die cuts and a few 
enamel accents to finish it all off.


Naturally it only seemed right to make the 
card insert and envelope match as well - 
partially inking the cover a card stamp 
worked really well for this."





Materials list:

Archival ink- potting soil
Fresco paints- turquoise, antarctic, nougat
Distress oxides- faded jeans, broken china
Cut n dry foam and scraps of 
textured paper from stash


Thank you Louise - loved your
experimentation with the
different colouring mediums.
A great idea to make the
insert and the envelope to match


Think I will carry on the experimentation
this evening - I am particularly impressed
with the Oxides and the Brushos!

'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx

6 comments:

  1. Love the edges of the main scene --- really draws the eye in. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful experimentations and card, love this, thank you Louise! Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, I just love that cloud stamp, gone on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, it's a fab stamp, I find I reach for it an awful lot!

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.