Thursday 25 May 2017

Vintage Chic

Vintage Chic


Hi There!

Hope the week is treating you
kindly and the work not piling
up around you...............

I'm thinking it might be nice
to at least catch sight of my desk
for a change.....................of
course, this means I shall have
to do a spot of housekeeping, or
should I be calling it "craft keeping"?

While I start on that,  I'll leave
you with Jane Castle who has a
beautiful project to share with you


"Great topic and these new stamps from
 Blue Fern Studios fit the bill so well. 

For the vintage feel I wanted to create a 
postcard with the feeling of something 
that had been in a shop window for a
 couple of years and been bleached 
by the sun------ 

I hope you think I was successful!



I began by stamping the postcard part first 
so as to gauge how everything else 
would fit together. 

Postcard was stamped in Vintage Photo 
Distress Oxide ink and spritzed with water. 

The main image was from Blue Fern Studios 
Country Garden stamp set, this was inked in 
Archival Cornflower Blue, then parts were wiped 
with a new baby wipe and then re-inked in 
Starlight Silver and Pearlescent Olive.


I then added a little bit of colour with Antique Linen
 and Old Paper Distress Ink. 

The old postage stamp was attached and
 the edges torn and distressed.

Next I coloured my background card
 with Dark Brown Brushos which were 
activated by painting on a layer of 
PaperArtsy Satin Glaze. 

Once dry I then lightly sprinkled on some 
Turquoise Brushos and spritzed with water, 
after about 10secs dabbed with kitchen paper.

 Finally this was randomly stamped with second
 generation Vintage Photo ink using one of the small 
stamps from PaperArtsy ESC03.

Then onto the honeycomb frame work ---- 

This was achieved by using a die from 
Tim Holtz Mixed Media Thinlits set and 
cutting the 4 corners.

 Although this overlapped in a couple of places 
it doesn't matter as the centre is discarded.


The edges were stamped with the smaller 
of the 2 stamps from Blue Fern Studios Ornamentals 
in Versa-Mark and heat embossed with Aged Ivory EE.

The centre was cut away and the postcard
 was slotted into place.


The banner/bunting was cut from card that had 
been coloured with Brushos and painted with Satin Glaze.


The flowers were from an old pack of paper 
flowers that I found in my stash.  
I sprinkled them with the Dark Brown Brushos
 and then sprayed with Prima Color Bloom. 

These were paired up and attached with metal brads. 
A few leaves were die cut  to go under the flowers.


A couple of twists made from some jewelry wire
 and finally a shrink plastic clock for the top.


This brand of clear stamps were new to me 
and I have to say I've been very pleased 
with them. One feature I really like is that 
on the larger stamps where there is more
 than one image they are easy to utilise and 
mix and match."

Item List

Blue Fern Studios Ornamentals & Country Garden
Brushos in Dark Brown, Turquoise, Orange and Scarlet
PaperArtsy Satin Glaze
PaperArtsy ESC03 Rubber Stamp Set
Memory Box Die Gentle Leaf & Simple Banner

Thank you Jane, I think you've captured that
been in the window too long
look very well.

What do you guys think?  

Nice to have a card with a vintage feel to it.
Once I've found my desk I might make a
card or two in this vein .........

'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.