Saturday 13 May 2017

Blossom Time

Blossom Time


Hi There!

Woohoo!  It's Friday
time to get ready for the weekend
Hope the weather is good for you
but if not, here's Hazel Harler
with a terrific idea to share

"Hi everybody. I make quite a lot of postcards
 and store them in a box but thought 
they would look better in an album.


 I found this photograph album in a charity shop - 
it's exactly the right size for my postcards, 
you could also cover a notebook or journal.


I started by pulling the album apart.


I cut the spine of as well


These are the paints I'm using.


I used a 12" x 12" sheet of paper as an 
A4 sheet wouldn't have been large enough 
to cover both covers. 

I used a brayer to build up layers of paint.


I stencilled some shapes and used an old 
credit card to make the lines


I used the prepared paper to cover the covers.


I stamped the Tracy Scott stamps onto 
tissue paper and book pages


I used matte medium to adhere the tissue paper images.


I fussy cut the book page flowers and adhered 
them over the tissue paper floweres


I gave the covers a coating of matte medium 
and when it had dried I coloured the images 
with some indian ink markers


I filled in some gaps with a postmark stamp, 
added some small metal paper clips, 
remnant rubs and some clippings stickers.


 A close up showing the paper clips.


 I enjoyed looking through my postcards 
and gluing them to the album pages.


 I spent ages putting the album together 
and threading the ribbon through the holes - 

I then decided that I didn't like the ribbon



I felt a lot happier after removing the ribbon
 and using bookrings with lots of different 
coloured ribbons tied to them.



Supplies:

Photograph album.
Fresco Finish paints.
Paper to cover the covers.
Brayer, stencils and and old store/credit card.
Paperartsy/Tracy Scott stamps.
Tissue paper and book pages.
Matte medium.
Indian ink markers, I used pitt pens.
Postmark stamp.
Small metal paperclips.
Tim Holtz remnent rubs and clipping stickers.
Bookrings.
Ribbon.

What a fun way to store your
postcards Hazel.  Thanks
so much for sharing

 Think it is time to scout the
Charity shops, of which this town
has very, very, many.........

'Till Tomorrow

Mickie xx



5 comments:

  1. Double thumbs up for this beautiful postcard book Hazel. A fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the covers! I like the flower stamp you used too and the stamping on text and the sticking them on top ;) Great job Hazel and thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Love all the layers, and the bright cheerful rainbow colours.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - this is fabulous -- I love it all!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.