Saturday 11 February 2017

Starlight Express


Starlight Express


Morning All!

Another lovely day and
here is another lovely project
for you to try. 

Get your cuppa and sit back
and relax............

Hazel Harler has brought 
this gorgeous box and here
she is to talk us through
how she achieved all that
gorgeousness ...


"For my latest project I've decorated a wooden box
 with Imagination Crafts Starlights paints


 I painted the box with white gold Starlights, 
it gave the box a lovely shimmery layer 
with the woodgrain showing through


 I added some tissue tape to the top and sides 
and stamped some foiliage with green Archival ink, 
I also stamped some script with black Archival.


I then painted some copy paper with pink sunset Starlights paint



 When the paint was dry I stamped some flowers and cut them out


The flowers were glued to the sides of the box. 
When the glue was dry I used a craft knife 
to carefully cut between 
the lid of the box and the base


 I decided to keep the decoration on the top of the box simple, 
I was going to use stampbourd but then 
found an acrylic ATC in my stash and used that


I stamped and painted the flowers on the backside of the ATC


 I glued the ATC to the top of the box and 
added some gold gems to the corners"






Supplies used:

Wooden box
Imagination Crafts Starlight paints - white gold, pink sunset and passion flower.
Tissue tape
Archival ink - black and green
PaperArtsy/Kay Carley stamp set
Copy paper
Acrylic ATC, you could use acetate if you haven't got an ATC
Gold sticky backed gems


Thank you Hazel, this box
really is beautiful - the shimmery
effect of Starlight Paints is superb
and using the gems as rivets a masterstroke

If you haven't tried these paints, then
you really should put these on your 'To Buy' list
you won't be disappointed in the shimmery loveliness

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx











2 comments:

  1. Great project Hazel and using the acrylic ATC was a brilliant idea. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.