Saturday 23 April 2016

Red and White - Jane Collman



Happy Weekend everyone,

Here we are again already and hasn't it
turned chilly!  We seem to have a few nice 
days and then it turns again!
Well I hope you all have something nice 
planned.....it's nearly may too.....
goodness where are the days going?

Well you are scraping the barrel today with
a post from me filling in.....
actually you will probably be seeing my posts 
a bit more often in the future.

So it's red and white week, I must say 
I struggled a bit with this, especially when
I say Neil's lovely project yesterday.  I
thought i would do something that I don't
really do enough...stamping in white on 
darker card rather than black on 
lighter card.  I was like the effect so I 
should do it more!

So here is my quick and simple offering...
it's nice to do quick and easy projects!


First, stamp onto your chosen colours 
of card, I used Black, Red and Cherry....


You can Emboss with these inks if you 
want but I chose not to.


Decide which colours you want where and
cut out the pieces you are going to use...


Stick them onto your base image.....



To finish, layer your image and add to your
base card.....add a bit of glitter....
because you can!!


Products I used -

 Ultrafine Crystal Glitter

I'll see you tomorrow for Challenge Day,
Hmmm wonder what it will be?

Jane x




6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Jane! Great technique and design.
    The white Distress ink looks really good too, lots of white inks aren't opaque enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bold card Jane, the paper piecing really works brilliantly. Enjoy the weekend, it's chilly again but such lovely susnhine and lighter evenings..bliss.We're off to see Daisy and Co...how about a spring theme for tomorrow's challenge?;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card lovely

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have created here Jane, I will have to try and get 'Picket Fence Distress Ink' myself, as It's been on my 'not sure' list for a while, but having seen how well it works on dark colours, I think it will be a fun and versatile ink to have in my collection.
    Thanks for sharing your clever idea.
    Su
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice layering design! The bit of glitter certainly makes this one special. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.