Thursday 25 July 2013

A splash of colours - Neil

Hi, 
Here's Neil take on the Splash of Colours theme with a lovely Art Journal page. 
What I had given to Neil was: "Summer by the lake" with the colours green(s)-brown-blue 
I guess he took that quite literally :)


I began my page by painting a lake in Desert Turquoise and the ground in Mint Julep Green. The sky is Calypso blue.
Then I took the Eclectica stamps and used a combination of Burnt Sienna and Fawn paint to stamp the leaves onto the bottom of the page. I used Avocado and Mint Julep paints for the leaves on the top of the page. I used Napa Red and Marigold to stamp the flowers onto white card. I used Cut and Dry Foam to apply the paint. I must say that these stamps work really well for stamping with paint; just remember to clean them immediately!


 I cut the flowers out and stuck them down. All the details were outlined with a black marker, some detail added with Peeled Paint and Stormy Sky Distress Marker and the journalling was done in a white pen.

Materials
Inkessentials white pen

See you tomorrow


6 comments:

  1. This is simply lovely, Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely bright and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really talented and beautiful work, I love this page and how you used these stamps I have too and love ! Thank you for the inspiration !! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty with gorgeous colors.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I love those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ah pages Neil
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.