Friday 16 November 2012

Gifts under £20 - Banner

Hello, 
Here's another child gift, this time by Michelle. I can't think of a kiddo who not be delighted to have one of those in his room. 
Michelle used the Tando banner and some car stamps as this is a gift for a little boy.



This year, for the first time ever I am well ahead with my Christmas pressies, I've actually been making them all year and this week's sample is another completed to add to the list! I may even get to enjoy Christmas this year instead of being too tired from all the late nights spent finishing off presents at the last minute.
This little car banner is for a new addition to our family, so new I haven't even met him yet! hope he likes it

 To start off making the banner I covered one side of the plain triangle from the Tando banner set by applying PVA glue, sticking down my chosen sheet of patterned paper from the paper pack then trimming down with a craft knife. A quick file around the triangle with an emery board just smoothed off any overhang. This was repeated for all five banner pieces.


I then coloured the background banner pieces with Distress stains and stamped with a texture stamp using Vintage Photo Distress ink. I also inked around the edge of each piece to distress slightly.

 The Plain triangles were then ready to stick to the backbits which were adhered using PVA glue.

I stamped the Kanban cars with memento ink and coloured with pro markers. To take the 'whiteness' off the images I inked gently with pumice stone ink.

The alphas were some flowery letters I've had forever but if you havnt any at home you'll find a Tando alpha set - perfect for this project, here
These I triple embossed and stamped with the texture stamp I used earlier then rubbed over with white rub n buff to lighten and give a bit of a distressed look.





To make the banner I bought
My Minds Eye 6x6 paper pad: On the bright side two 
Kanban acrylic stamps: Retro cars 18-21 

And from my stash I used 
Wow earth tone embossing powder: Blueberry




It's Gift week, so we have a gift for you :)

This week we have a prize draw feature across the blog, newsletter, Facebook and Twitter 
Three vouchers are up for grabs: £25, £20 and £15.   
It’s easy to enter, simply place an order on line with us.  Everyone who places an order between 16th and 22nd November will automatically be entered into the draw and at the close three lucky people will be drawn at random to win the vouchers


See you tomorrow



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I love it. Just with a change of paper etc. This could so easily be adapted to all ages and occasions. I am thinking it could be made into a gorgeous Christmas decoration too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of your skill with the cars. I can't ever get my highlights right on such things. Yours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An inspirational piece which, as one of the other comments points out, could be utilised in many other ways. A great project.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.