Saturday 11 August 2012

Simply Saturday with Izzy

Hi, 
I will step in as Gay is taking a break this week. C&S is not my area of expertise, but I'll give it a shot nonetheless ;)
I have used the Dylusions inks/misters which I got for my birthday. They are loooovely and I would like to share a different way to use them. Nothing new here for most, but there might be a few out there who don't know or haven't tried that technique. 
This is one to try with your kiddos too, I know my daughter enjoyed helping today for the photo shoot. It is "sooo cooooool" according to my 9 year old lol. 
So off we go... 

Use a thick watercolour card which is best for spraying/water colouring as it stays flat once sprayed
Dab some of the ink with a kitchen towel so you get the darker orange drops and the lighter more blended yellow background (I used Dylusions Pure Sunshine)

Open your bottle and add a few drops on ink on your card (Dylusions Melted Chocolate here... with a name like this, I HAD to have it!!).

Take a straw and blow. With a gentle blow, you can control your ink better. If you blow quite hard, it  is more unpredictable but better in this case as the branches look more "natural". Would work well with green/blue shades for seaweeds too ;)
Add more inks if you need to and blow again.

Here's your branches... now we need the birds

I used Crafty Individuals CI-234, inked up just one bird at a time to stamp on the branches

And one birdy branch.... 

Here is the final card. I stamped one of the phrase from Crafty Individuals CI-256 for a final touch

Here's the products I used



So what do you think ? Do you want to give it a go?
There is challenge coming up tomorrow so there's your chance. 
Would love to see a few samples with this technique (would work really well on an AJ page too... )

See you tomorrow


5 comments:

  1. WOW, that's cool, great technique and a fab card :)
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Such an effective technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique idea! Never mind the children, I'd have great fun with this!!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very helpful blog! i think it really need practice! keep sharing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore Isa, c'est sobre mais vraiment très beau, bravo.. Bisous

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.