Monday 27 August 2012

PaperArtsy week: Art journal

Hi everyone, 

This week is going to be a  PaperArtsy week, not only using their stamps you all know by now I'm sure, but also their Fresco Finish paints, their Crackly and Crunchy papers and cutting dies too.








And as a special offer this week.... 

15 % off Hot Picks and Lynne Perrella collections
use offer code HPLP15
 
25 % off the Squiggly ink minis 
use offer code SI25
25% off some of the Ink and the Dog minis
(from MN20 to MN57 included price adjusted on website)
 
use offer code PA50


We will also have an new ART JOURNAL CHALLENGE at the end of this week, and the PaperArtsy stamps are perfect for Art Journaling... so now is your chance to "stock up"

Speaking of Art Journaling, this is how we are starting this week. Michelle is here with us and made a fantastic AJ page for you... 

*************



To make the page I created the background by brushing small patches of TH Distess Inks to cover two adjoining pages then brushed Vintage photo through the stencil at the bottom of the pages.

I found a silhouette picture on the internet and printed it the size I wanted and used this as a pattern for cutting the silhouette out of copy paper.
I positioned the head on the left hand page and marked where the stencil pattern stopped and scribbled a line across the head and the pages in black permanent pen. 

I then stencilled Black Soot ink through the stencil after masking below the scribbled line. I then masked above the line and brushed three colours of ink onto the rest of the head. This was then stuck in place on the page. 

I then stamped the PaperArtsy stamp Mind matters and completed the page by using the words of the stamp to inspire my journalling which was written with a white sakura pen. 

A really simple page which I thoroughly enjoyed making!




To create the journal page Michelle used
The Crafters Workshop template - Webbing
PaperArtsy mini: MN53 - Mind matter

See you tomorrow



8 comments:

  1. Brilliant. Great pages. I'm really looking forward to seeing AJ pages this week as I need some guidance before I can get going on my own AJ.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours on this and the clean effect of the DPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this one, am with Beryl on the learning step lol. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed with anyone who does journalling! I love the impact these simple yet complex pages have. Colours are gorgeous. I've had a go at journalling but perhaps this week will put me more on track as I'm certainly off the beaten track at the moment!!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab page! I love this idea and cant wait to do this Im going with a music related idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very orginal and fantastic !! J'aime beaucoup, bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh an amazing AJ page, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.